Today, it is said to be the International Day of the Guinness Book of Records (yes, really ...). So, let's look at some records held by Senegalese (s) or the entire country and its neighbors:
- The Senegal has the sad privilege to be among the ten countries with the highest unemployment rate in the world, in 8th place (48% unemployment), however far the leader Nauru (90%) or its neighbors, Liberia (2nd, aevc 85%) or Burkina Faso (4th with 77%).
- Akon , star Senegalese-American R & B, is the artist whose songs have been as many as ringtones download mobile phone last generation (realtones).
- The world's largest pangolin, 2m for 32 pounds, was found in Senegal (and not believe some in Malaysia).
- Two neighbors, Niger and Guinea Bissau, top the world rankings for the fertility of their inhabitants, with respectively 7.19 and 7.07 births per woman (Poland is 5 rows end with 1.23 ... I say that ...)
- Demographic record also, Sierra Leone ranks first in the world rankings sad the highest infant deaths: 160.3 deaths at birth per 1,000 live births and 278.1 children die before five years to 1000.
- Must record in a French inventory, Ghana boasts of hosting the largest snail in the world, the sweet name of Achatina achatina , some specimens measure up to forty centimeters (as a clove of garlic and a stick of butter for two snails ...).
- The Mali is home to share the largest brick building in the world, the Great Mosque of Djenne , which is clearly part of an upcoming travel goals (even if due to a shoot a little too light for Vogue in 1996, it is apparently possible to non-Muslims from entering the enclosure).
And she does not have a beautiful place in the nearby area, one can not help mentioning the war in 1896 between the shortest in history England and Zanzibar, which lasted barely ... 38 minutes !